Boletim Petróleo, Royalties e Região accepts collaborations of papers from researchers of areas covered by this journal, with emphasis on Regional and Urban Planning and Development, Demography, social movements, labor, environment, oil industry, port complex and public policies.
Guidelines for paper submission
- The file must be sent in ‘DOC” or “DOCX’ format.
- The first page must present: a) title of the work; b) authorship: full name of the author(s), academic degree, institutional affiliation, e-mail address, telephone number, and full postal address.
- The second page must contain: a) title; b) abstract, comprising 100 to 150 words and 3 to 5 keywords.
- Papers should be in the regions of 20,000 to 30,000 characters with spaces (including notes and bibliographic references).
- Formatting: paper size: A4 (21.0 cm x 29.7 cm); top left margin: 3.0 cm; bottom right margin: 2.0 cm; font: Times New Roman, 12 – point font size; spacing: 1.5 cm between lines.
- Bibliographic references must be in accordance with standards established by the Associação Brasileira de Normas Técnicas – ABNT (Brazilian Association of Technical Standards).
- If there are notes, they must be written at the end of the text (endnotes).
- Illustrations and tables must be sent in separate files.
- Illustrations must be sent in JPG, with a minimum resolution at 96 dpi.
- Mailing of texts implicates permission for publication and acceptance of eventual necessary edits to fit the format of the Bulletin and its editorial standards.
Papers should be sent directly to the following e-mails: firstname.lastname@example.org and email@example.com
From the beginning of 2020, submission will be via the OJS platform.
Open Access Policy
Petróleo, Royalties e Região ‒ BPRR offers open, free and immediate access to its content. Submissions will be free of charge to the authors.
Papers submitted to Petróleo, Royalties e Região will go through blind peer review, who are referees with expertise in the content addressed in the work. In case of disagreement between them, the work will be referred to a third examiner. Evaluation is double-blinded, since the identities of referees and authors are kept hidden from each other.
- Articles will be evaluated according to the following criteria:
- Pertinence and thematic relevance, academic and scientific quality, and novelty
- Theoretical and methodological coherence and consistency
- Writing quality and text structure
The evaluation process of papers by the BPRR usually takes, on average, 3 to 5 months, from submission to receipt by the author(s). From the first evaluation to release, it takes, at most, one year after the final approval of the paper.